MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop

+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-04-29, 16:35
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-04-29, 21:16
Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-05, 16:41
IMHO ,64 G looks bit high for DN. 24 should be good enough for DN.
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Patai Sangbutsarakum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  2 x Quad cores Intel
> 2-3 TB x 6 SATA
> 64GB mem
> 2 NICs teaming
>
>  my 2 cents
>

>  On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>
>      Hi,
>
> I have to propose some hardware requirements in my company for a Proof of
> Concept with Hadoop. I was reading Hadoop Operations and also saw Cloudera
> Website. But just wanted to know from the group - what is the requirements
> if I have to plan for a 5 node cluster. I dont know at this time, the data
> that need to be processed at this time for the Proof of Concept. So - can
> you suggest something to me?
>
> Regards,
> Raj

+