MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: Profiling the Mapper using hprof on Hadoop 0.20.205

+
Yaron Gonen 2013-02-07, 04:47
Profiling the Mapper using hprof on Hadoop 0.20.205
Hi,
I wish to profile my mapper, so I've set the properties mapred.task.profileand
mapred.task.profile.maps in mapred-site.xml.
At the end of the job I'm getting a profile.out file, however I think it's
not the profile of the mapper... none of the methods I use in the mapper
appear on any of the traces. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm using a small cluster with 4 machines.

Thanks,
Yaron