Hadoop >> mail # general >> newbie:need guidance

+
ankit nadig 2013-09-22, 20:08
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-09-22, 21:01
Re: newbie:need guidance
Hey Ankit,

The devel list would probably be a better place for this question

You can start by looking at the how to contribute wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute.  Once you've done that and
can checkout, build, run tests, etc..   I would suggest starting out with
a small change.  You can search jira for items with the Label of "newbie".
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(YARN%2C%20MAPRE
DUCE%2C%20HADOOP%2C%20HDFS)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie) and try doing
one of those.

Tom