Pig >> mail # user >> Simplifying schema?

Simplifying schema?
After many joins, my relation's schema because very verbose.

For example:

e::d::c::b::a::column1:bytearray, e::d::c::b::a::column2:bytearray

Is there a way simplify the schema back to:

column1:bytearray, column2:bytearray

I seem to be able to achieve this by doing a STORE then LOAD, but this
doesn't seem very efficient.