Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Master down?; tservers not listed in /tservers

Master down?; tservers not listed in /tservers
Greetings Accumulators,

I'm having a few challenges getting a fully distributed accumulo 1.3.5
cluster working well. (Yes, I'll be moving to 1.4.0 soon).

Accumulo Overview (/status) reports "Master is Down" yet the process is
running on the Master per jps. Port 9999 is not bound though. There was
some talk of this on the list but the discussion did not help my situation.

Also in Accumulo Tablet Servers (/tservers), none of my TSERVERs is listed.
I have verified that both tserver and logger processes are running on all
the slaves.

Everything uses host names so this is not a localhost issues.

The last line of the master_.....log file is:
(timestamp) [master.EventCoordinator]  INFO : State changed from HAVE_LOCK
to WAIT_FOR_TSERVERS.

The last entries of the tserver......log files are:
(timestamp) [cache.LruBlockCache]  INFO : Cache Stats: ......

There is a Failed to load native map library exceptions just above the
Cashe Stats lines.

Any ideas where to go from here? Thank you so very much in advance for any
help you can provide.

David