Hadoop >> mail # user >> has bzip2 compression been deprecated?

Re: has bzip2 compression been deprecated?
Hi Tony
       As  I understand your requirement, your mapreduce job produces a
Sequence File as ouput and you need to use this file as an input to hive
table.
        When you CREATE and EXTERNAL Table in hive you specify a location
where your data is stored and also what is the format of that data( like
the field delimiter,row delimiter, file type etc of your data). You are
actually not loading data any where when you create a hive external
table(issue DDL), just specifying where the data lies in file system in
fact there is not even any validation performed that time to check on the
data quality. When you Query/Retrive your data  through Hive QLs the
parameters specified along with CREATE TABLE as ROW FORMAT,FILEDS
TERMINATED, STORED AS etc are used to execute the right MAP REDUCE job(s).

     In short STORED AS refer to the type of files that a table's data
directory holds.

For details
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-CreateTable

Hope it helps!..