MapReduce >> mail # user >> task jvm bootstrapping via distributed cache

task jvm bootstrapping via distributed cache
Hi,

I am seeking a way to leverage hadoop's distributed cache in order to
ship jars that are required to bootstrap a task's jvm, i.e., before a
map/reduce task is launched.
As a concrete example, let's say that I need to launch with
'-javaagent:/path/profiler.jar'.  In theory, the task tracker is
responsible for downloading cached files onto its local filesystem.
However, the absolute path to a given cached file is not known a
priori; however, we need the path in order to configure '-javaagent'.

Is this currently possible with the distributed cache? If not, is the
use case appealing enough to open a jira ticket?

Thanks,

stan
+
Stan Rosenberg 2012-07-31, 15:55