Hive >> mail # user >> Help to solve UDAF errors!

Re: Help to solve UDAF errors!
Hi Robin,

Thanks for the response.
The point mentioned by you is one of the many other serious issues in the
code.
I have fixed all of them and it is pretty much in a good shape presently
after some testing.
You can find it at:
https://github.com/Abhishek2301/Hive/blob/master/src/UDAFTopNPercent.java
Let me know if you face any other issues!

Thanks,
Abhishek
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Robin Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  You might well have found the error yourself by now, but if not, the
> problem is that you missed the "static" keyword off the declaration of
> TopNPercentEvaluator.  Line 18 of your code should read
>
> public static class TopNPercentEvaluator implements UDAFEvaluator {
>
>  then this error goes away.
>
>  A new error appears, however, because there's a bug in your terminate()
> function that reads off the end of the array.
>
>  Robin
>

>   From: Abhishek Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:29 AM
> To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Fwd: Help to solve UDAF errors!
>
>    Hi,
>
>  I looked through the syslogs and found the following exceptions.
>  Can anyone help me to figure out the point of error?
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:387)
> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child$4.run(Child.java:270)
> at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1177)
> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child.main(Child.java:264)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)
> ... 9 more
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:34)
> ... 14 more
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)
> ... 17 more
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Map operator initialization failed
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecMapper.configure(ExecMapper.java:121)
> ... 22 more
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.orzota.hive.udaf.groupby.UDAFTopNPercent$TopNPercentEvaluator.<init>()
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:115)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDAFBridge$GenericUDAFBridgeEvaluator.getNewAggregationBuffer(GenericUDAFBridge.java:160)
> [...]

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Bhattacharya
PhD Computer Science
School of Computing and Information Sciences
Florida International University