HBase >> mail # dev >> keyvalue cache

Hi,

Before opening the issue, I though I should ask around first. What do you
think about a keyvalue cache sitting on top of the block cache? It is
mentioned in the big table paper, and it seems that zipfian kv access
patterns might benefit from something like this a lot. I could not find
anybody who proposed that before.

What do you guys think? Should we pursue a kv query-cache. My gut feeling
says that especially for some workloads we might gain significant
performance improvements, but we cannot verify it, until we implement and
profile it, right?

Thanks,
Enis