MapReduce >> mail # dev >> MapTask.java -sort part

+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-21, 11:54
+
Harsh J 2013-04-23, 08:01
+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-23, 08:30
+
Harsh J 2013-04-23, 08:49
+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-23, 09:11
Re: MapTask.java -sort part
Hi Samaneh,
    Please take a look at the patch for MAPREDUCE-4807.  It allows one
to plug in an external sort implementation in the map phase. There is a
test TestMerge.java(which is part of the Jira) that has an
implementation of a map phase sorter that avoids sorting.

-- Asokan

On 04/21/2013 07:54 AM, Samaneh Shokuhi wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have modified the MapTask.java file and tried to disable sort part for
> some reasons . I have removed this line
> *sorter.sort(MapOutputBuffer.this, kvstart, endPosition, reporter); *in
> sortAndSpill method but no changes seen in result. I have expected to get
> unsorted keys as mapper output but was not like that.
>
> My question is did i perform right action to disable sort or something else
> needs to be done ?
>
> Samaneh

+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-21, 14:53