MapReduce, mail # dev - MapTask.java -sort part

Re: MapTask.java -sort part
Mariappan Asokan 2013-04-21, 12:32
Hi Samaneh,
    Please take a look at the patch for MAPREDUCE-4807.  It allows one
to plug in an external sort implementation in the map phase. There is a
test TestMerge.java(which is part of the Jira) that has an
implementation of a map phase sorter that avoids sorting.

-- Asokan