HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-06-25, 03:45
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 20:40
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 20:54
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 21:54
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 22:42
Re: [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Devaraj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > so we might look at using Hadoop RPC directly again?
>
> Totally agree with that thought, Andrew. I must admit that I don't know
> about all the context on why the HBase RPC forked in the first place :-)

Bug fixes and speed optimizations

> Your suggestion on using the Hadoop RPC work here makes sense. I am not too
> sure whether that is practical in the short term though (we would need to
> put in Tracing framework calls in Hadoop RPC and so on). IMO this will
> further delay the 0.96 shipping as well. However doing the equivalent patch
> for HADOOP-9421 in HBase will probably be easier and doable for 0.96...

That patch won't go in to hbase.  Can you sketch the back and forth finally
decided upon in an issue?  If you do this, I could help on how you might
get it in.

St.Ack
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 22:56