HDFS, mail # user - Question regarding hadoop jar command usage

Re: Question regarding hadoop jar command usage
Sandy Ryza 2013-03-13, 17:14
Hi Kay,

The jar is just executed locally.  If the jar fires up a mapreduce job and
sets itself as the job jar, then mapreduce will handle copying it to the
nodes that will use it.

-Sandy