HBase >> mail # user >> hbase security API

Re: HBase Security API
IMO, the application that you are referring should be set up to impersonate other users (called proxy-user authentication).

Have a look at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.3/Secure_Impersonation.html. This can be mapped to the HBase land..

I think the class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User should provide an API to create proxy users.