HDFS, mail # user - RE: Some mappers are much slower than others in reading data from HDFS

Re: Some mappers are much slower than others in reading data from HDFS
Andy Isaacson 2013-01-14, 21:40
It's hard to speculate on the minimal information you've provided so
far. Seems like it's time to break out the performance analysis
toolkit and see what's going on differently between the fast and the
slow nodes. I'd look at raw performance with dd, then watch behavior
during mapper runs with vmstat or iostat and top, and investigate any
configuration differences between the nodes.

-andy