Accumulo, mail # dev - Transition from MockAccumulo to a full blown local instance

Transition from MockAccumulo to a full blown local instance
Jesse Yates 2011-10-05, 05:17
Maintaining a real instance and a mock instance ends up creating a lot of
extra work for dev's by ensuring that there impls are kept synchronized.

Instead, we should move to an actual hosted instance of Accumulo running on
the local file system. This would mean less work in the long run to maintain
a separate instance and better testing for users and new features.

It will also mean we can create an instance of Accumulo running in local
mode that users can spin up when trying out the system. Therefore once we
have a local instance, we would want to update the documentation on run
scripts to enable using the local instance.

What does everyone think?

-Jesse Yates