Pig >> mail # user >> how to use hcatalog DDL in pig?

+
lulynn_2008 2013-07-19, 09:43
Re: how to use hcatalog DDL in pig?
Hi,

I don't think there is any document (which should be fixed). But I can find
some example in e2e test:

grunt> sql drop table if exists pig_hcat_ddl_1;
grunt> sql create table pig_hcat_ddl_1(name string, age int, gpa double);
grunt> stored as textfile;

Also, you should set the following properties in the pig.properties file:

pig.sql.type=hcat (backend of sql, hcat is the only sql backend now)
hcat.bin=/usr/local/hcat/bin/hcat (binary location for hcat)

I don't have hcat set up myself, so cannot test this. But this should work.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo