Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop on non x86 systems

Hadoop on non x86 systems
Hi all,
My team is actively involve in porting Hadoop 1.0.x to IBM POWER
architecture, that of course includes building
Hadoop 1.0 using IBM JAVA 6. So to start I have following questions:
1) How hadoop-common supports multi architecture builds?
     If it doesn't , we have a proposal, what is the process to submit a
proposal?
2) What is the process to become a contributor?
3) When is the next hadoop conference?
Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

Linux System Management Architect and Lead
IBM Senior Software Engineer
Phone# 512-286-8393
Fax#      512-838-8858
+