Hadoop, mail # dev - Hadoop on non x86 systems

Hadoop on non x86 systems
Amir Sanjar 2012-03-06, 13:51
Hi all,
My team is actively involve in porting Hadoop 1.0.x to IBM POWER
architecture, that of course includes building
Hadoop 1.0 using IBM JAVA 6. So to start I have following questions:
1) How hadoop-common supports multi architecture builds?
     If it doesn't , we have a proposal, what is the process to submit a
proposal?
2) What is the process to become a contributor?
3) When is the next hadoop conference?
Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

Linux System Management Architect and Lead
IBM Senior Software Engineer
Phone# 512-286-8393
Fax#      512-838-8858