Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Changing the replication factor of particular file

Re: Changing the replication factor of particular file
hadoop dfs -setrep 1 filename

Add -r if you want to change replication recursively.

Usage: hdfs dfs -setrep [-R] <path>
hdfs dfs -setrep -w 3 -R /user/hadoop/dir1

-w  is there if you want to wait till replication finished.

*Thanks & Regards    *

Shashwat Shriparv