Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Two Datanodes - Incompatible Cluster IDs

Re: Two Datanodes - Incompatible Cluster IDs
If you just blow away the contents of the dfs.data.dir directories then start the DataNode daemon again you should be fine. (That's where the ClusterID is stored. When they next connect to the NameNode, because they don't have one now that you've deleted it, they'll be given the one from the NameNode.)

Regards

Ian.

On Jun 11, 2013, at 10:38 AM, Michael Namaiandeh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to setup a 4 node Cloudera Hadoop cluster. However; two of my data nodes are showing up as “dead” nodes. After looking at the logs, I found that the dead nodes have a different ClusterID than my working/”live” nodes.
>
> How do I configure the dead nodes with the correct ClusterID.  I can format the dead nodes, if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Mike

---
Ian Wrigley
Sr. Curriculum Manager