Hadoop, mail # general - Edit link on jira.

Re: Edit link on jira.
Doug Cutting 2009-07-27, 18:48
Patrick Hunt wrote:
> Perhaps I misunderstood the scope of this discussion - is it general
> Hadoop or specific to some subset of Hadoop projects? Regardless, at
> this time the ZooKeeper community would prefer to continue supporting
> edits on comments.

All Hadoop sub-projects currently share a single Jira permission scheme.

Jira permission schemes are only alterable by Jira-wide administrators I
think, and each TLP has only a few of those.  Owen & I are I believe the
only Jira-wide admins for the Hadoop TLP.  So it might be impractical to
use a custom permission scheme per subproject.

If the ZooKeeper community wishes, I suppose we might switch ZooKeeper's
Jira to the Apache standard permission scheme, which does permit comment
editing.

Doug