HBase >> mail # dev >> Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).

Re: Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).
We had a discussion with Todd IIRC a whole back where we agreed that we'd
only commit multiple times under the same JIRA within a short period. I
think the consensus was a few hours. Otherwise we'd open a new JIRA to
record the change, with a pointer to the other issue of course. In this
context, closing after a release does no harm. If the consensus is to not
reopen after close, then we can adopt that too.

On Friday, August 31, 2012, Gregory Chanan wrote:

> If we later figure out that an issue caused a bug (even after a release),
> will we be able to mention that in the original JIRA?  I find it useful to
> be able to track that, particularly for forward/backport purposes.
> Also, can we reopen issues after they have been closed?  If so, what's the
> point of closing?
>
> Greg
>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I propose that we close issues after a release is done.
> >
> > Close is stronger than resolve -- I believe it makes the issue
> essentially
> > read only.  There are many resolved issues from 0.20, 0.89, and 0.90.6 <
> > that could be closed, (as well as issues from 0.92.1, and 0.94.1..
> >
> > This would force discussion on old topics to new jiras and make things a
> > little tidier.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Jon.
> >
> > --