Hive, mail # user - Hive-0.11.0  HCatalog configuration

+
nabhajit 2013-07-23, 08:03
Re: Hive-0.11.0  HCatalog configuration
Alan Gates 2013-07-23, 17:44

On Jul 23, 2013, at 1:03 AM, nabhajit wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to configure Hcatalog , which is now part of Hive-0.11.0.
>
> Do I have to make changes to the permission of the following files?
>
> $HCAT_HOME/bin/hcat and $HCAT_HOME/sbin/webhcat-server.sh

Yes, this is a known issue and has been fixed in trunk.

> as, currently they  do not have execute permission.
>
> Also, do webhcat-default.xml file needs to be renamed to webhcat-site.xml ?

No, you only need to create a webhcat-site.xml and populate it with values if you need to change the defaults.  You can put only values that are different from the defaults in webhcat-site.xml.  The format is the same as webhcat-default.xml.

Alan.