Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Hive >> mail # dev >> next hive release


Copy link to this message
-
Re: next hive release
At one of the previous Hive Contributor meetings we agreed to do
time-based releases every four months. I still think this is a worthwhile
goal and strongly support releasing 0.11.0 soon.

Question for the HCatalog developers: Is it feasible to have HCatalog ready
in time for an April release. If not, how should we handle this?

Thanks.

Carl

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just marked https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2264 as a
> blocker for the 0.11 release as it's essential for HS2 use. The patch is
> available, a committer has +1'd, it's just waiting on commit.
>
> It'd be great to get https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-4128 in as
> well to support the new decimal type.
>
> Brock
>
>
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Amir Sanjar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I agree. Let me know how we can contribute towards accelerating this
> > process. We are anxiously waiting for release of HIVE 0.11.0
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Amir Sanjar
> >
> > System Management Architect
> > PowerLinux Open Source Hadoop development lead
> > IBM Senior Software Engineer
> > Phone# 512-286-8393
> > Fax#      512-838-8858
> >
> >
> >
> > [image: Inactive hide details for Ashutosh Chauhan ---03/22/2013 01:32:40
> > PM---Hey all, Its not been long since we released 0.10 but a]Ashutosh
> > Chauhan ---03/22/2013 01:32:40 PM---Hey all, Its not been long since we
> > released 0.10 but a lot has gone in since then.
> >
> > From: Ashutosh Chauhan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> > Date: 03/22/2013 01:32 PM
> > Subject: next hive release
> > ------------------------------
> >
> >
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Its not been long since we released 0.10 but a lot has gone in since
> then.
> > There are quite a few query plan optimizations which has gone in. Also,
> > ptf-windowing work is winding down and should be ready for merge in a
> week
> > or so. After the merge, I think it will be a good time to create a branch
> > for 0.11 and than start to stabilize it. I propose we cut the branch in
> > first week of April. What do other folks think?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ashutosh
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Apache MRUnit - Unit testing MapReduce -
> http://incubator.apache.org/mrunit/
>