From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] on behalf of Jacques Nadeau [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: hangout

There actually three different concepts to support with null.

1. non-nullable types should  be first attempted to cast to their
non-nullable partners in precedence (such as non-nullable int to
non-nullable big int)

2. data mode casting should also be supported: non-nullable int to nullable
int to repeated int to get a function match.

3. Missing fields (currently represented my NullExpression) should be
replaced be null nullable constants of a particular minor type based on
function implementation introspection.

Drill-203 is focused on part three above.  Agree that Jinfeng and Yash
should work together as this code is right on top of each other.

Jacques