From: Lenin Raj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OpenJDK?

Yes. Use Sun/Oracle JDK

I have had memory issues while using Oozie. When I replaced OpenJDK with Sun JDK 6. the memory issue was resolved.
Thanks,
Lenin

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM, John Lilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
I am having trouble finding a definitive answer about OpenJDK vs Sun JDK in regards to building Hadoop.  This:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions
Indicates that OpenJDK is not recommended, but is that an authoritative answer?
BUILDING.txt states no preference.

Thanks
John