HDFS >> mail # dev >> NameNode be formated while namenode is running

+
Stanley Shi 2014-01-14, 09:38
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2014-01-15, 00:27
+
Stanley Shi 2014-01-15, 01:28
Re: NameNode be formated while namenode is running
Seems like you are hitting https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1690 ?
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Stanley Shi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Konstantin!
> I am running on vsphere VM with CentOS64 installed, Local file system is
> ext3;
>
> Regards,
> *Stanley Shi,*
>

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Konstantin Shvachko
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > Yes format should check "in_use.lock".
> > What is your environment?
> > Does it support locks on you local file system?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --Konst
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Stanley Shi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have encountered this case in my environment:
> > >
> > > 1. NameNode is actively running without any problem;
> > >
> > > 2. someone accidentally formatted the namenode (even if there's one
> > > instance running);
> > >
> > > 3. The running namenode continues to write edit log starting from some
> > big
> > > txid;
> > >

> > > This caused the namenode now in an in-consistent state:
> > >
> > > It has edit log and fsimage but if you restart the namenode, it will
> say
> > > the namenode cannot be started because it expect some txid 1 ;
> > >
> > > I think this is a bug. At least when formating the namenode, it should
> > > check if there's an namenode instance already running.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > *Stanley Shi,*

+
Stanley Shi 2014-01-15, 07:28