Flume >> mail # dev >> How to make sure flume WAL is finished before shut it down

How to make sure flume WAL is finished before shut it down
I've asked this question in the flume user group, didn't quite get the
answer.

we are running flume 0.9.4, We want to make sure flume's WAL is completed
before we shut down the flume process. Is there anyway or any metrics
exposed can indicate WAL is fully processed so that it's safe to bring it
down gracefully? How do I know flume has finished all the data?

In our case, we are switching to another input approach, so flume will not
be getting any inputs, it only has a certain size backlog needs to be
cleaned up. So it's more like making sure all the data is delivered before
gracefully shutdown this flume agent forever.

--
All the best,
Shengjie Min