HBase >> mail # dev >> All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?

+
Stack 2013-04-24, 19:53
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 05:45
+
Stack 2013-04-25, 05:55
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 06:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:10
+
Jimmy Xiang 2013-04-25, 18:18
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:23
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-04-25, 18:35
+
Elliott Clark 2013-04-25, 19:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 22:37
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 14:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-03, 16:06
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 21:04
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-03, 16:04
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 21:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-03, 21:14
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 21:21
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-03, 21:55
+
Lars George 2013-05-04, 07:41
+
Stack 2013-05-05, 00:15
Re: All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?
Makes sense Stack, I will get started on this and report here as well as on JIRA.    Let's clean this thing up and get used.

On May 5, 2013, at 2:15, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Lars George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ted,
>>
>> I have found that too by just searching all components for "thrift". Is
>> that all though? I mean, why are we actually wanting to drop thrift2?
>
> See head of this thread for why to drop it.
>
> Would suggest a comprehensive review of thrift1/thrift2 to see where there
> are holes (review of JIRA will not tell you this; my guess is folks tried
> thrift2, found issues, then list told them use thrift1... if issues in
> thrift1, they might file issues).  For issues found, file issues to fill
> the gaps so it is obvious this is getting some attention.  If none, say so.
> Would suggest a bit of testing too so you could confidently state "thrift2
> is as comprehensive as thrift1" and can be depended upon, etc.
>
> St.Ack
+
Sergey Polzunov 2013-05-07, 08:26
+