HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] More new feature backports to 0.94.

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-03-01, 16:31
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-01, 19:00
+
Elliott Clark 2013-03-01, 22:43
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-01, 23:12
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-02, 00:55
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-03-01, 23:11
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-02, 02:10
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-02, 02:17
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-02, 02:25
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-02, 02:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-03, 13:50
+
Ted 2013-03-03, 14:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-03, 14:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-04, 13:41
Re: [DISCUSS] More new feature backports to 0.94.
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So it seems that until we have a stable 0.96 (maybe 0.96.1 or 0.96.2) we
> have three options:
> 1. Backport new features to 0.94 as we see fit as long as we do not
> destabilize 0.94.
> 2. Declare a certain point release (0.94.6 looks like a good candidate) as
> a "long term", create an 0.94.6 branch (in addition to the usual 0.94.6
> tag) and than create 0.94.6.x fix only releases. I would volunteer to
> maintain a 0.94.6 branch in addition to the 0.94 branch.
> 3. Categorically do not backport new features into 0.94 and defer to 0.95.

I want us to get to #3.  Lets get to 1.0.0 sooner rather than later so we
have more numbers to play with (0.96 == 1.0.0?)

Regards #1, +1, but how to verify we do not destabilize 0.94?

-1 on #2.  Just confuses.

As has been said already, we'd probably not be having this conversation nor
feeling the need to backport features if 0.96 was out.

St.Ack
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-04, 22:29
+