Flume >> mail # user >> Help in installation of Flume

Re: Help in installation of Flume
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Maheedhar Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a single node Hadoop set up on my Ubuntu server, I want to set
> up Flume to extract data from web sources.Below are few queries.
>
> 1. Is it possible to set up Flume on a single node cluster?

Yes, it is

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#a-simple-example

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#is-flume-a-good-fit-for-your-problem
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Articles%2C+Blog+Posts%2C+HOWTOs