Hadoop, mail # user - risks of using Hadoop

RE: risks of using Hadoop
Michael Segel 2011-09-16, 21:05

Risks?

Well if you come to Hadoop World in Nov, we actually have a presentation that might help reduce some of your initial risks.

There are always risks when starting a new project. Regardless of the underlying technology, you have costs associated with failure and unless you can level set expectations you'll increase your odds of failure.

Best advice... don't listen to sales critters or marketing folks. ;-) [Right Tom?]
They have an agenda.
 ;-)