HBase >> mail # user >> Writing unit tests against HBase

+
Varun Sharma 2013-06-18, 23:17
+
Stack 2013-06-18, 23:22
+
Varun Sharma 2013-06-18, 23:45
+
Elliott Clark 2013-06-18, 23:46
+
Varun Sharma 2013-06-20, 18:56
+
Christophe Taton 2013-06-20, 19:12
+
Varun Sharma 2013-06-20, 23:36
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-21, 05:28
+
Adam Phelps 2013-06-24, 21:14
+
Christophe Taton 2013-06-24, 22:05
+
Adam Phelps 2013-06-25, 01:04
Re: Writing unit tests against HBase
Why don't you spin up a mini cluster for your tests (there is a MiniHBaseCluster which brings up an in-memory cluster for testing and you can tear it down at the end of your test)? The benefit you get is that you no longer need to mock HBase responses and you will be talking to an actual cluster running similar code to the one you will have running in prod, so will be more reliable. Obviously the downside is that instead of mocking responses, you will have to populate data in HBase tables but I still feel this is more intuitive and reliable.

Regards,
Dhaval