From: Azuryy Yu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 August 2013 08:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots

My question is can I specify how many slots to be used for each M/R task?

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Shekhar Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Slots are decided upon the configuration of machines, RAM etc...

Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Azuryy Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi Dears,

Can I specify how many slots to use for reduce?

I know we can specify reduces tasks, but is there one task occupy one slot?

it it possible that one tak occupy more than one slot in Hadoop-1.1.2.

Thanks.