Hadoop >> mail # user >> delay the execution of reducers

Re: delay the execution of reducers
Hi,
> Changing the parameter for a specific job works better for me.
>
> But I was asking in general in which configuration file(s) should I change
> the value of the parameters.
> For parameters in hdfs-site.xml, I should changes the configuration file in
> each machine. But for parameters in mapred-site.xml, it seems enough to
> change the configuration file in the machine where the job is launched

Ideally, if you knew which processes need to read the configuration
value, you can set it in the configuration files on nodes running
those processes. For instance, you knew a parameter is only required
on the NameNode, you can set it in the hdfs-site.xml on the NameNode
and so on. If in doubt though, it almost always helps to set the same
value in the configuration files on all nodes.

Thanks
Hemanth