MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta

+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-09-17, 22:03
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-18, 12:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-17, 06:38
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 04:58
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 22:41
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-09-19, 18:05
Thanks Arun.

+1

* Downloaded source tarball.
* Verified MD5
* Verified signature
* run apache-rat:check ok after minor tweak (see NIT1 below)
* checked CHANGES.txt headers (see NIT2 below)
* built DIST from source
* verified hadoop version of Hadoop JARs
* configured pseudo cluster
* tested HttpFS
* run a few MR examples
* run a few unmanaged AM app examples

The following NITs should be addressed if there is a new RC or in the next
release

--------------
NIT1, empty files that make apache-rat:check to fail, these files should be
removed:

*
/Users/tucu/Downloads/h/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileContextSymlinkBaseTest.java

*
/Users/tucu/Downloads/h/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/TestLocalFSFileContextSymlink.java

*
/Users/tucu/Downloads/h/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-src/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/TestFcHdfsSymlink.java
--------------
NIT2, common/hdfs/mapreduce/yarn CHANGES.txt have 2.2.0 header, they should
not
--------------

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.1-beta that I would
> like to get released - this release fixes a number of bugs on top of
> hadoop-2.1.0-beta as a result of significant amounts of testing.
>
> If things go well, this might be the last of the *beta* releases of
> hadoop-2.x.
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.1-beta-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-23, 06:23
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-09-23, 23:49
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-24, 00:36
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-24, 15:03
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-09-24, 19:18
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 20:39
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-24, 21:38
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-24, 22:25
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-23, 19:04
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-23, 20:22
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 21:52