Zookeeper, mail # dev - predefined xids in c client

+
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-06-10, 07:15
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-06-12, 06:01
Re: predefined xids in c client
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-06-12, 07:51
Hi Pat,

How does the C client ensure that the regular xids are non-negative?
The get_xid() function in st_adaptor.c doesn't seem to handle
overflow. I guess I'm missing something obvious...

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/zookeeper/trunk/src/c/src/st_adaptor.c?revision=1038827&view=markup

Thanks!
--Michi

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Regular xids are always non-negative.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Michi Mutsuzaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There are some predefined XIDs (like #define PING_XID -2) in
>> zk_adaptor.h. Why do we need them? How do they avoid colliding with
>> regular XIDs?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --Michi
+