HBase >> mail # user >> HBASE install shell script on cluster

+
Jay Vyas 2013-05-29, 17:49
+
Stack 2013-05-30, 02:40
Re: HBASE install shell script on cluster
We have developed some custom scripts on top of fabric (http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.6/).
I've asked the developer on our team to see if can share some of it to the community.
It's mainly used for development/QA/Integration test purposes.

For production deployment we have a in-house "chef" like system we use, so can't share much there :)

On May 30, 2013, at 5:40 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> I've been working on installing HBASE using a shell script over some
>> nodes.
>>

> Usually folks do chef, puppet, etc. installing nodes.  Do you not want to
> go that route?
>

>> I can't help but think that someone else may have tried this before, if
>> someone wants to share a gist or script from somewhere i could potentially
>> modify / update it.
>>
>> At this point, Im just doing shell but was considering maybe python/ruby
>> templating for the XML files.
>>

> There is stuff like this if you chef or puppet it.
>
> http://hstack.org/hstack-automated-deployment-using-puppet/
> http://palominodb.com/blog/2012/11/01/chef-cookbooks-hbase-centos-released
>
> St.Ack

+