-Fwd: Can I move block data directly?
Azuryy Yu 2013-07-08, 05:15
Hi Dear all,
There are some unbalanced data nodes in my cluster, some nodes reached more
than 95% disk usage.
so Can I move some block data from one node to another node directly?
such as: from n1 to n2:
1) scp /data/xxxx/blk_* n2:/data/subdir11/
2) rm -rf data/xxxx/blk_*
3) hadoop-dameon.sh stop datanode (on n1)
4) hadoop-damon.sh start datanode(on n1)
5) hadoop-dameon.sh stop datanode (on n2)
6) hadoop-damon.sh start datanode(on n2)
Am I right? Thanks for any inputs.