HDFS >> mail # dev >> Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?

Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?
Hi folks,

I am trying to fix MAPREDUCE-5317. I noticed that the only way through FileSystem to NOT recursively create directories is through the deprecated method

@deprecated API only for 0.20-append
FileSystem.createNonRecursive.
This has been marked deprecated ever since it was put in by HADOOP-6840. Do we know if we ever expect to un-deprecate this method? I am trying to find the rationale behind checking it in as a deprecated method, but haven't been able to find any written record. Does anyone know?
Thanks
Ravi