MapReduce >> mail # user >> build failure - trying to build hadoop trunk checkout

Re: build failure - trying to build hadoop trunk checkout

On Sep 10, 2012, at 2:43 AM, Tony Burton wrote:

> (Seems a bit hacky though – can someone explain using easy words why this happens in Kerberos?)

As part of authenticating and generating tokens for clients, Kerberos needs, besides many other things, the hostname of the client. They must resolve to the same hostname on the client and server by their corresponding DNS. And by convention, hostnames are case insensitive. What we observed is that the Kerberos client and server disagree when it comes to hostnames with upper case alphabet.

HTH
Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.