Bigtop >> mail # user >> Re: The combinatorial problem of testing hadoop ecosystem tools

Re: The combinatorial problem of testing hadoop ecosystem tools
Hi Jay,

Welcome to the community! You may be interested in the JIRA BIGTOP-848. One
of the purposes of that effort is to make it possible to build and package
"trunk" from the upstream projects, so that integration issues can be found
without having to wait for a release. Being able to build from an arbitrary
commit would also be a step towards what you are describing, but only if
the project has not changed dramatically from the version currently
supported by Bigtop. Trying to build Hadoop 1.x.x with the current 2.0.x
packaging code, for example, would not work at all - and it would require
substantial work to make the packaging code so backwards compatible.