Hive >> mail # user >> Get the job id for a hive query

Re: Get the job id for a hive query
how are you running your hive queries? using hive cli or hive jdbc client?

if you are using hive cli then whenever you fire a query and assuming it
is syntactically correct and its not select * from table operation
hive cli shows  the job ID and an URL which points to the job tracker url
for the job it submitted

--
Nitin Pawar