 From: Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Dhaval Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 8 August 2013 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: Hosting Hadoop

Well, all depends, because many companies use Cloud Computing
platforms like Amazon EMR. Vmware, Rackscpace Cloud for Hadoop
hosting:
http://aws.amazon.com/elasticmapreduce
http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-mapr-hadoop-062013.html
http://bitrefinery.com/services/hadoop-hosting
http://www.joyent.com/products/compute-service/features/hadoop

There a lot of companies using HBase hosted in Cloud. The last
HBaseCon was full of great use-cases:
HBase at Pinterest:
http://www.hbasecon.com/sessions/apache-hbase-operations-at-pinterest/

HBase at Groupon
http://www.hbasecon.com/sessions/apache-hbase-at-groupon/

A great talk by Benoit for Networking design for HBase:
http://www.hbasecon.com/sessions/scalable-network-designs-for-apache-hbase/

Using Coprocessors to Index Columns in an Elasticsearch Cluster
http://www.hbasecon.com/sessions/using-coprocessors-to-index-columns/

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda
Product Manager at PDVSA