Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Release planning for 3.5.0

Release planning for 3.5.0
There are a number of great new features that are in trunk or about to
be committed to trunk. I'm proposing that we do a 3.5.0 release in
February, I volunteer to be the release manager.

As RM I plan to do 3.5.0 as an alpha release with an extended voting
period. Perhaps 2 weeks rather than the standard 3 days. We'd then
iterate rapidly on reported issues to transition to beta and finally
stable releases. Similar to what we did with 3.4.

Some pending features:
1) Need to finish up the dynamic reconfig support.
2) Facebook has contributed a number of scalability improvements. They
are planning to add local sessions, I'd like to include that and any
other features that they might provide in the timeframe.

There are only 4 jiras marked as blockers for 3.5.0 currently.
ZOOKEEPER-1551 looks the most serious.

There are a number of patch available jiras that we've been whittling
down, we'd try to include as many of those as can be completed in the
timeframe.
What do you think?

Patrick