MapReduce, mail # user - Uploading a file to HDFS

Re: Uploading a file to HDFS
Shekhar Sharma 2013-09-26, 10:45
Its not the namenode that does the reading or breaking of the file..
When you run the command hadoop fs -put <input> <output>.....
Here "hadoop" is a script file which is default client for hadoop..and
when the client contacts the namenode for writing, then NN creates a
block id and ask 3 dN to host the block ( replication factor to 3) and
this information is sent to client.

client caches 64KB of data on its own side and then pushes the data to
the DN and then this data gets pushed through pipeline..and this
process gets repeated till 64MB data is written and if the client
wants to to write more then he will again contact NN via heart beat
signal and this process continuess...

Check how does writing happens in HDFS?
Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma