Chukwa >> mail # user >> chukwa build error 0.5.0

Re: chukwa build error 0.5.0
This unit test is to test the function that SeqFile writer used to
calculate the actual delay between file rotation.  For example, if the
file should close at 5:00:00AM, but it took HDFS longer to close the
file, and the actual closed time is 5:00:01AM, the next rotation time
is set to 5:05:00AM.  The delay between the next rotation should
happen in 4 minutes and 59 seconds.  This function is not used by
default unless you are using SeqFileWriter to stream data to HDFS.

For troubleshooting more, it would be helpful to look at the test case
log file.  It should show the exact calculation of the previous
rotation time and next rotation time.  The output should help us
identify why the delay calculation result is incorrect.  I suspect
that text date conversion to epoch time may be different than the hard
coded epoch time in the test case in recent version of Java.  There
was a leap second introduced in 2012, which cases the test case to
fail.

regards,
Eric