MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-30, 13:29
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-30, 17:59
+
Bikas Saha 2013-07-31, 16:33
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-02, 13:29
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-08-05, 12:55
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-31, 02:45
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-01, 16:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-01, 18:30
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-08, 15:14
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-08-13, 17:37
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-15, 21:15
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-16, 17:34
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 17:39
+
Arun Murthy 2013-08-16, 20:44
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 21:55
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 22:04
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-16, 23:22
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 23:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-17, 02:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-08-21, 01:09
Thanks for the heads up Aaron, I've changed fix-version of HDFS-4763 to 2.1.1-beta for now.

Committers - please be careful setting fix-versions, this is a good anti-pattern to avoid… though, I'm willing to bet a lot of dough that this isn't the first Hadoop release with this issue… *smile*

Arun
On Aug 20, 2013, at 6:09 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was evaluating the release bits when I noticed that the change done in
> HDFS-4763 to add support for starting the HDFS NFSv3 gateway, which is
> marked with a "fix version" of 2.1.0-beta and included in the release notes
> of RC2, is not in fact included in the RC2 release bits. It looks to me
> like the change is included in branch-2.1-beta, but not branch-2.1.0-beta.
>
> Particularly since the release notes in RC2 are incorrect in claiming that
> this change is in this release, it seems like a pretty serious
> issue. Ordinarily I'd say that this issue should result in a new RC, and I
> would vote -1 on RC2. But, given the previous discussion that folks are
> interested in releasing 2.1.0-beta with several fairly substantial bugs
> that we already know about, I'll withhold my vote. If RC2 ends up getting
> released as-is, we should be sure to change the fix version field on that
> JIRA to be correct.
>
> --
> Aaron T. Myers
> Software Engineer, Cloudera
>

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would
>> like to get released - this fixes the bugs we saw since the last go-around
>> (rc1).
>>
>> The RC is available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc2/
>> The RC tag in svn is here:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc2

>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> --
>> Arun C. Murthy
>> Hortonworks Inc.
>> http://hortonworks.com/
>>

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-21, 08:36
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 00:35
+
Colin McCabe 2013-08-21, 20:25
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 22:49
+
Colin McCabe 2013-08-22, 17:08
+
Jason Lowe 2013-08-21, 22:54
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-08-21, 20:27
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-08-21, 23:25
+
Bikas Saha 2013-08-22, 20:30
+
Rob Parker 2013-08-22, 17:53
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-22, 20:39
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-25, 19:38
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-19, 21:49
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-19, 22:52
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-19, 22:50