MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

Arun C Murthy 2013-08-21, 02:27
Thanks for the heads up Aaron, I've changed fix-version of HDFS-4763 to 2.1.1-beta for now.

Committers - please be careful setting fix-versions, this is a good anti-pattern to avoid… though, I'm willing to bet a lot of dough that this isn't the first Hadoop release with this issue… *smile*

Arun
On Aug 20, 2013, at 6:09 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was evaluating the release bits when I noticed that the change done in
> HDFS-4763 to add support for starting the HDFS NFSv3 gateway, which is
> marked with a "fix version" of 2.1.0-beta and included in the release notes
> of RC2, is not in fact included in the RC2 release bits. It looks to me
> like the change is included in branch-2.1-beta, but not branch-2.1.0-beta.
>
> Particularly since the release notes in RC2 are incorrect in claiming that
> this change is in this release, it seems like a pretty serious
> issue. Ordinarily I'd say that this issue should result in a new RC, and I
> would vote -1 on RC2. But, given the previous discussion that folks are
> interested in releasing 2.1.0-beta with several fairly substantial bugs
> that we already know about, I'll withhold my vote. If RC2 ends up getting
> released as-is, we should be sure to change the fix version field on that
> JIRA to be correct.
>
> --
> Aaron T. Myers
> Software Engineer, Cloudera
>

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would
>> like to get released - this fixes the bugs we saw since the last go-around
>> (rc1).
>>
>> The RC is available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc2/
>> The RC tag in svn is here: